Comment on page
Configure your wallet
This step will help you set up your wallet as the first step to using Kroma.
A seed phrase generated by a blockchain wallet is important information that can be used to recover or reset the wallet. Therefore, it is crucial to store the seed phrase safely. Here are some tips for securely storing seed phrases:
- 1.Store the seed phrase offline. Storing the seed phrase on a computer or smartphone connected to the internet poses a risk of exposure to hacking or malware. Instead, write the seed phrase on an offline storage medium, such as paper or metal.
- 2.Store the seed phrase in a secure location. Keep the paper or metal storage medium with the seed phrase in a safe and confidential place. For example, a safe that can protect it from fire or flood would be ideal.
- 3.Encrypt the seed phrase. Use encryption when storing the seed phrase for added security. For example, store the seed phrase in an encrypted file or add a password required for decryption to limit access to the seed phrase.
- 4.Do not disclose the seed phrase. Do not share the seed phrase with anyone else. Do not show the seed phrase to anyone or share it via phone, email, or any other means.
- 5.Back up the seed phrase frequently. The seed phrase can be lost at any time. Therefore, frequently back up the seed phrase to a secure location and delete previous versions from the safe location when updating.
By following these tips, you can securely store the seed phrase and protect yourself from the risks of losing your wallet or exposure to hackers.
A Wallet is a tool that you can use to interact with a blockchain network. It allows you to securely store, send, and receive cryptocurrency or other digital assets.
MetaMask is a web browser extension and mobile app that allows you to manage your Ethereum private keys. By doing so, it serves as a wallet for Ether and other tokens, and allows you to interact with decentralized applications or dApps.
To add Kroma as a custom network to MetaMask:
- 1.Launch the MetaMask browser extension.
- 2.Click on the dropdown button located at the top of the extension to access the network selection dropdown menu.
- 3.Press the "Add network" button.
- 4.Select "Add a network manually"
- 5.Enter the necessary information for Kroma in the Add a network manually dialog box that appears.
- 6.Save Kroma as a network by clicking the "Save" button.
How to modify gas price on MetaMask (Gas Fee Saving Tip)🧑🔬
MetaMask defaults to suggesting gas prices of LOW - 1.0 GWEI, NORMAL - 1.5 GWEI, and FAST - 2 GWEI, These default settings can sometimes lead to paying excessive gas fees. Given that Layer 2 rollup solutions offer much more cheeper gas prices than traditional Ethereum transactions, we recommend following the steps below to adjust your gas price accordingly.
- Initiate the transaction as usual.
- When you get to the reject or confirm wallet popup, there is an icon to specify gas price. In MetaMask it is "Market".
- Typically you get multiple automatically filled options, and an advanced option where you set the values yourself. Click "Advanced".
- Set a max base fee (0.1 gwei is typically recommended since it's extremely rare for the block base fee to reach this level). Then, determine a priority fee and click "Save". - Note: A dashboard to check the Gas Fee in real-time will be available in the near future.
- Click "Confirm" to proceed with the transaction as you normally would.
- 2.Use the search bar at the top of the page to find 'Kroma'.
- 3.Click on the 'Add to MetaMask' button, and the verified RPC information will be automatically added to your extension.
To connect to Kroma, you can select it from the dropdown menu in the network selection section.
- Method 1 (Custom nonce): Settings > Advanced > Down Scroll > enable 'Customize transaction nonce'
- Send a new transaction.
- Fill in 'Custom Nonce' with the same nonce as the transaction that is still pending.
- Method 2 (Reset The Account): Settings > Advanced > Click 'Clear activity tab data'